for us, except class pictures, of course. I agree those are important. The individual shots? They have been dull and not of framing quality for the past few years, so I've decided they are no longer worth ordering.
Instead, I am taking my kids pictures this year. One by one.
I posted the results of Griffen's photoshoot back in August. You can click on my "archives" for August on the right hand column above if you haven't seen what we came up with for him.
Yesterday was Gabrielle's turn for a few photos of her own in the front yard. Seeing these pictures, it feels surreal to me that my first precious daughter has grown this much before my eyes.
To me, she looks older and more mature than she lets on in demeanor. In one way, I find it beautiful and refreshing that she doesn't want to let go of the fairytale life that is early childhood. I think there is a little bit of that in all of us.
Other times, it can be trying to reason with a child who has little interest in growing up at all. I am not trying to rush her, of that you can be sure, but an inch of progress in conflict resolution and such, would be quite welcome! As much as she wishes, we aren't in Never Never Land and time does age us all, so I am glad to preserve a bit of who she is today in the second grade. 
Remember when you were a young girl, you constantly told me that you did not want to grow up....you wanted to stay young forever. The apple does not fall far from the tree.... Gabrielle is beautiful, inside and out. I am so proud of this little granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
I just can't imagine Mere being that old, but it will come fast-the older she gets the more fun we have! Girls are so much more fun than I ever dreamed-you have beautiful children and I love your new family photo and I hope you have lots of fun in WA! The Hoffman's are so grown up, Kristin graduated and is out her in California and just got a job as a nanny and Daniel is in school at BYU and Matthew is on a mission in Nevada!
ReplyDelete