For now, here are some scenes from our gorgeous family hike yesterday. I was hoping there would be a few leaves remaining on the trees when I returned from vacation and boy, was I in luck! The colors here are just now becoming brilliant.
It was our 2nd consecutive Thanksgiving with summer-like 80 degree temperatures. The children began pleading for water breaks almost as soon as we left the parking lot and found a trail.
Maybe that had something to do with the fact that Mom suggested they wear long-sleeves and pants for a faux-Fall look in the pictures?
Gabrielle came across a tepee. Wonder if the Scouts have been busy here?
Aside from being on the warm side, everyone ended up having fun. Our older 3 each picked up walking sticks at the start of the walk and didn't put them down until we climbed into the car to go home an hour later.
How fun to explore a new (to us) conservation area so close to home. After living here for five years, there are still many places left to discover.
Great shots Shannon! Where did you guys hike?
ReplyDeleteGreat Pics.....loved them all.
ReplyDeleteKisses and Hugs,
Mom
So pretty! You have such a picturesque family! It's in the 80's and 90's here--but we don't get to enjoy any of those gorgeous leaves :( I'm glad your trip went well! Hope your mom's doing well and is that the grandma that had a collection of dolls?
ReplyDelete