Initially, he wasn't so sure about the dark tile I had picked out, but in the end we are BOTH very happy with the results. It is a welcome change and contrast from the off-white linoleum. I always forget to take before photos, but these pics show the finished product in the kids' bath. PS. We didn't change anything else in the room like paint or decor, just the floor.
Next up:
We got along OK with my husband's bachelor-style table and chair set (that seated 4) for the first 10 years of our marriage. I didn't bring any furniture along when I moved internationally when we first married and was fortunate that my groom had the basics to get us by. However, I can't say that I didn't dream of the day when I would pick out fresh furnishings for our family and add some of my own style to the place. Well, that day finally arrived for me as I carefully made my selections for our eat-in kitchen a couple months back. I fell for a table from a local store that was going for an amazing price and ordered that up first. Then I found the sea grass chairs at a major home decorating store online and at first glance I knew they were right. It took using my passport 12 times to get them all here, but I only had to pay duty once and for me it was worth the trouble.
They are casual, but classy looking to me. The best part being that there are enough for the whole family to sit and eat together.
To the master bedroom: where another bachelor furniture collection is currently still in use. All in good time, this will replace our current guest room furniture. What I wanted to show you is our new bedding. We had a plain duvet with no cover for several years and I think it was losing feathers in a big way, because it no longer kept us warm. I looked high and low for a damask print bedspread and was surprised that in the end the one I liked best was from my least favorite store. The one I usually try to avoid at all cost. That would be Wal Mart. They did do a nice job with this comforter though!
I love your new furniture peices! Your table looks wonderful. It must be so nice to sit the whole family down for dinner and not have to pull up extra chairs. You did so well to wait that long! I also love the damask style bedding...good find, especially for Walmart!
ReplyDeleteHopefully we can get together again soon!
I love your table Shannon! It's exactly what I want to get for us when we re-do our kitchen. Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteI like your taste-I wanted that Damask comforter when I saw it too :0
ReplyDelete