
in this pregnancy. I've been wanting to jot down a few facts about this time so that I can look back and remember down the line.
*Yesterday was our big ultrasound where we confirmed (as I was predicting) that my placenta is anterior or in front again, as with the past 2 kids. Despite that, I am feeling kicks and somersaults at this point, just not as much momentum behind them as if the placenta were attached elsewhere.
*We learned what we are having, but are keeping it a surprise for everybody else including our kiddos. The technicians do take note of the gender, but they sure don't like to tell the moms what they are having. I got creative and asked a leading question about the identity of our baby after all was said and done and she did give in and let me in on the news.
* It was an extremely busy few days following Camille and I returning from our Florida trip. I forgot to make plans for Camille to be babysat so Pierre could attend the scan with me, but thankfully they let our 2 year old in to see the baby even though children usually aren't allowed in that department of the hospital.
* Today I measured right on target for where I should be at this point. Always a relief to hear that after having one child (with interuterine growth restriction) who measured behind from day 1 (Christian). Baby's heart was beating away this morning at 148 bpm.
*I continue to have (what we now know is normal for me) low blood pressure this pregnancy. Ironically, we figured out it's only showing up because I am not using a dr, but a mid-wife. I always get perfectly average blood pressure readings at any doctor visits, but that's only because I suffer from white coat syndrome-meaning the minute I enter any type of dr's office I get anxiety which raises the blood pressure (to a regular level) in my case. So weird! At the midwife appointments it is honestly like I am chatting with a good friend. There are no white coats, long waits or sick patients and the feeling of stress I come down with at the dr's is non-existent. I am relaxed. I also learned that this low-normal blood pressure runs in my family as both my mom and grandmother were the exact same way until a certain age where they're levels became more typical.
*Yesterday was our big ultrasound where we confirmed (as I was predicting) that my placenta is anterior or in front again, as with the past 2 kids. Despite that, I am feeling kicks and somersaults at this point, just not as much momentum behind them as if the placenta were attached elsewhere.
*We learned what we are having, but are keeping it a surprise for everybody else including our kiddos. The technicians do take note of the gender, but they sure don't like to tell the moms what they are having. I got creative and asked a leading question about the identity of our baby after all was said and done and she did give in and let me in on the news.
* It was an extremely busy few days following Camille and I returning from our Florida trip. I forgot to make plans for Camille to be babysat so Pierre could attend the scan with me, but thankfully they let our 2 year old in to see the baby even though children usually aren't allowed in that department of the hospital.
* Today I measured right on target for where I should be at this point. Always a relief to hear that after having one child (with interuterine growth restriction) who measured behind from day 1 (Christian). Baby's heart was beating away this morning at 148 bpm.
*I continue to have (what we now know is normal for me) low blood pressure this pregnancy. Ironically, we figured out it's only showing up because I am not using a dr, but a mid-wife. I always get perfectly average blood pressure readings at any doctor visits, but that's only because I suffer from white coat syndrome-meaning the minute I enter any type of dr's office I get anxiety which raises the blood pressure (to a regular level) in my case. So weird! At the midwife appointments it is honestly like I am chatting with a good friend. There are no white coats, long waits or sick patients and the feeling of stress I come down with at the dr's is non-existent. I am relaxed. I also learned that this low-normal blood pressure runs in my family as both my mom and grandmother were the exact same way until a certain age where they're levels became more typical.
No comments:
Post a Comment