Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our IRONKID

This Spring, Christian began distance running and joined his dad and I in completing a 10 km (6.2 mile) race on Father's Day and another race the week earlier. It was quite
impressive for an 8 year old. This contributed to his training for the Triathlon in late July. This event is affiliated with the triathlon my husband participated in the previous day, only it is engineered for children ages 5 -15. The 9 & under group swam 50m (he wore the orange cap), biked 2.5 km and finished with a 1 km run. Christian had a great time and finished strong smiling ear to ear.

2 comments:

  1. Olympic future saki says :) Glad you got a new blog--I love seeing photos, specially since kids grow so fast! I'd like to see a bigger photo of your family, I can't believe you have 4 kids! Wow, I am excited to have Mere, but newborn and little babies are a whole different ballgame from kids, and its been stressful, but it's fun as Mere grows and interacts more! Elizabeth (Bradshaw) Vakalala aka belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally was able to get into your blog....I am so computer illiterate. Wow, what an accomplishment for Christian. He should be very proud. What a guy...makes a grandma proud.

    ReplyDelete