I thought she would have a tough time letting go of picture books and making the jump to chapter books, but au contraire! This summer she is right into American Girl Books and The Babysitters Club series and is averaging a book a day. It brings back memories to watch my daughter enjoying the very same books that I loved also at 7.
Now, a bit more about just how wiggly she is.
In the middle of my dental cleaning last week, I overheard what was going on in the chair in the next room over with Gabrielle. The hygienist explained to her sternly "Ok, you really need to stop bouncing around now because the tools I use are very sharp and dangerous. You can't move anymore." She must have obeyed because she finished up with no further issues.
I listened in as Griffen (age 4) entered and breezed through his check-up with the same lady like a pro. There were no reminders or warnings for the little guy. It was calm and silent. They are different characters for sure, but I am amazed to this day by my little girl who presents us with challenges left and right, while our boys are so laid back in nature.
That may change with time, but for today, we appreciate the energy that our daughter brings to our household, while trying as we might to help her channel it positively. Now you know why we really cherish those serene bookworm moments!!
This precious granddaughter of mine will be a leader..no doubt in my mind. Love her dearly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy it is to read all about your family! The pictures really help distant family members see how the little ones are growing. Bravo Shannon!
ReplyDeletePauline