Thursday, January 29, 2009

Not without her blanket

Camille is EXTREMELY attached to her blankey. Make that two blankets. One pink and one green, both of exactly the same design.

From past experience, I decided it may be handy to have two on hand so there wouldn't be any interruptions in availability supposing one happens to be in the middle of a wash cycle at nap time. It turns out that was a good instinct as we have been able to avoid near tragedy more than once with a back-up supply.


Each of our four kids has battled blanket addiction to some extent, but none were quite as enthusiastic as Camille.

Not content to simply snuggle it in her arms, instead she is compelled to cram as much as humanly possible into her tiny mouth, then proceeds to fall fast asleep that way. A friend who was visiting us last summer couldn't resist the urge to pull it out of her mouth while she slept in the car, worried it could obstruct her airway.

She always seems to survive, though, and wakes with a happy smile-her soft, cuddly comfort by her side. I am just amazed how one familiar item can make everything better. Time after time.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great photo! Mere has a white polar bear from Saki's mom that she LOVES! I usually keep in in her crib or if we go somewhere unusual or she would tote it all over. She chews his nose and eyes. I hope the next kid attaches to something that hides dirt better!

    ReplyDelete