Thursday, April 30, 2009
Only in our house
would the parents feel the need to lock the majority of the books up during the school week in order to get the children to listen. Our kids are avid readers. We love that. I take them to the library often. Gabrielle and I even share books. I enjoy the lighter topics in juvenile fiction sometimes. I have done all that I can to help my children develop a love for reading and maybe I've gone overboard, because they are addicted. In the car, they always have reading material, even for a twenty minute trip into town. Both read above grade level in two languages. All in all, this is a fabulous thing, but when we need them to tune in to what we are saying and they are both walking around distracted with noses in books, it's like they're in a different world. Before we know it, Summer will be here and they will be able to read 'til their little hearts content, but for now, unless it is homework related or a weekend, we are on a book break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very positive addiction. Shannon,
ReplyDeleteyou and your brother were like that also. The apples did not falll far from the tree.....