I took the kids outside for a little summer session of picture taking in their patriotic wear this afternoon. It was a cloudy day, but bright enough for good lighting without too much squinting.
I like to share both sides of our kids' heritage with them. At this point they all still enjoy being festive and dressing up for holidays, so they were all outfitted in either red & white or some combo of red/white/blue. We live in the country where their Daddy was brought up and not far from the border with the country where Mommy comes from. We are very close to the birthdays of both of these great countries and big celebrations complete with parades and big fireworks shows will begin around here in a matter of hours.
Things weren't going so smoothly as I tried to get some pictures of the kids. I was getting more frusterated by the minute. The three big kids were doing amazing at staying still for the most part, but Camille wasn't having any of it. I didn't really want to leave her out of pics, so I would run over, place her in an ideal spot, then run back and try to click before she moved too far. By that time at least one of the other 3 would get distracted and look away. While I tended to them, Camille... would be up and running half way across the grassy field. I would leap up to retrieve her and try for another round. I even had a bribery box of timbits waiting in the car (assorted donut holes for those who haven't heard this term before) for whoever cooperated for the pictures.
When I had enough, we climbed back in the car to drive home and I was completely exhausted. It literally took a few minutes to catch my breath. I did get a few cute shots despite not one that was great of all four. All in all, I am thinking it was worth my trouble.
It was definitely worth your trouble. Another wonderful memory. What a great bunch of kids, cannot wait to see them.
ReplyDeleteIt's called PCS. (Photographer's Child Syndrome!) If there were a cure I'd be a billionaire!
ReplyDeleteLooks great--love the girls dresses!
So, do you celebrate both days, or do you pick one in between? :)
I love that you do little photo shoots :)
ReplyDelete