This child has infinite amounts of energy reserved for anything she loves to do. She has a stubborn streak and very little effort for things she would rather not do. Tonight she made me a proud mama at the swimming pool where, for the first time in a long time, she gave it her all. She and her brother were on an indoor team all year where she usually just goofed off and bobbed around. Now that outdoor season has begun, I made her a deal (a bit of a bribe) that if she attains a personal best by the end of summer season, she will be rewarded with a new American Girl doll that I know she would love to add to her collection.
"G" was so inspired at both diving and swim team today that she was hardly recognizable out there. It was like she was not holding back and was on a mission. I never know what will or won't make her tick. Many traditional forms of motivation and discipline do not work with her. When I do find something that gets this girl going, it is a glorious, happy day indeed. I sure hope this lasts. Often when the reward is more long term as opposed to being right around the corner, she can tend to lose site of the finish line. Keep up the great work, Gabrielle!
The face of an angel.
ReplyDelete