Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3-D Disappointment


While expecting Camille I went for a 3-D ultrasound with my mom and the kids on vacation in Seattle. I was only 25-26 wks. along, but had really nice results that actually resembled her when she was born. This time around I found a place that offered the same service just over an hour from our home and planned to go at the optimal stage of 31-32 wks. in hopes of getting some amazing images similar to those shown on the company website.

I decided this would be my special Mother's Day gift. We drove over that first week and we had no luck capturing anything recognizable to the untrained eye and the technician told us to come back the next week as the baby wasn't cooperating position-wise. I went back driving through a thunderstorm with my girls in tow this past weekend and it was very disappointing. No improvement in quality whatsoever. I am wondering if their machine is just not as good, because the pictures don't even compare with those of Camille at a much earlier age. Anyway, here are the two best pics (which don't even look like the same baby to me...one seems to have more of a rounded nose than the other) we ended up with. I honestly feel a bit jipped for the price, driving, and time involved. Oh well, I guess we will just have to patiently wait to meet this mysterious little one in person!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right....not even close to the one you had with Camille but what I could see, she looks like she is going to be a cutie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Baby!!! Beautiful Kids!!!
    and a great home in a warm place!
    Congratulations!!!
    all the best with your new adventures,
    Big Hugs........Lise

    ReplyDelete