Thursday, November 4, 2010

Patience Pays

For 2 years a certain chandelier caught my eye each time I visited my favorite decorating store online or flipping through the catalogue.


Here it is in our dining nook


I loved the piece and could just picture it in our house, but I didn't like the price nearly as much. I kept checking back and finally it went on a pretty decent sale out of the blue last month. I was so excited as I had begun to give up on it. I snapped it up like a kid in the candy store and declared it my (early) birthday gift from Pierre and the kids. Hanging it was quite an adventure, but we managed not to break it.




I am so pleased with my purchase. It gives off the warmest, cozy glow and adds to the ambiance of our little dining nook.


4 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a difference a beautiful light can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, the pictures reappeared. Love the chandelier and the new look of the dining nook. Good job Shanz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love sales. I do the exact same thing. My guess is it's from pottery barn or crate & barrel. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete