Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Coming Into Her Own

(Pictures are not cooperating fully tonight. They're supposed to be flipped, but only one shows up that way on here.)




4 Months


You, our little one, are (almost!) all smirks and smiles. So cuddly. I can't get seem to get enough of those chubby, kissable cheeks or the rolls on your thighs. I know I am gushing, but you also have expressive, happy eyes...I like to say that they "dance." We would love if you were gifted them from Grandmaman on Daddy's side, who happens to be not so well these days.


Oh Danika, we are having great times watching your good-natured personality develop and come shining through. Pure sweetness 95% of the time, but just watch out for that other 5%, you can get very hot tempered every once in a while!
You've just started laughing and showing us all kinds of new expressions. It is adorable...melts my heart, baby girl!


Grandma Rita and I love to make guesses as to who might look like. Seriously, it is one of our hobbies. These opinions change over time, of course, as you do. Right now, I would say that up close you have your own unique look, but from a distance you remind me so much of Christian's features when he was your age. You could pass for his double in this one below.


Now onto the burning question, will your hair stay dark? Everyone wants to know...strangers and family alike. Will we get a true brunette or will you follow suit and turn light like the others. Time will tell, I suppose. We will check in again with you when you are 1. We usually have an idea by then.


We love you to the moon and back, Danika!

2 comments:

  1. Love those smiles and those oh so pinch-able cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, how lovely you write....hope that Danika will get the opportunity to read this when she is grown. You are a wonderful mom. Danika is a real cutie just like the rest of your kids.

    ReplyDelete