Saturday, February 12, 2011

Big Brothers




In most homes with more than 1 child, it's not always (maybe rarely would be more fitting) harmonious between brothers and sisters. We all know about that from our own growing up years!


However, I look at my sweet girls and certainly feel that they are very fortunate to have a big brother(s). Our sons are naturally protective of their little sisters and quite patient with them-
definitely more often than not.


In my boys, I observe how Christian watches out for them in a special way. It might have something to do with being the oldest child, but he is keenly aware of what he perceives to be their needs and feelings and loves to keep them smiling. He has a gentle way with them...much different than the wrestling-type of play which he saves for his brother. He has also noticed that girls his age think his little sisters are very adorable and they tell him so...he enjoys that!


Griffen, one of his favorite pastimes is to explain and teach his two younger sisters new things, play pretend school, read to them and entertain them in a one on one setting. He takes his big brother role pretty seriously and is not a happy camper if Camille walks away while he is giving her a lesson of some sort.




1 comment:

  1. HELLO! I can't believe you were in WA! We were there from Feb 28-March 9th! Robert and Camille still live there and just bought a house! Our whole family will likely be in WA around August when Samuel gets home from his mission! I enjoyed reading your blog posts, I have not been reading blogs much, well not really at all since I got my new computer...so now I've bookmarked your again :) I should do the list on the side of my blog, that's easier...anyway I enjoyed all your recent posts. You're kids look different-I love how their looks change in little ways as they grow, it's so beautiful! I hope you're enjoying FL and life! We sure are! I love northern CA and having my kids be older :) they're a handful, but so fun and capable, babies are hard for me... lots of love, eliz

    ReplyDelete