Thursday, April 7, 2011

We're Back!



Since we returned from our wonderful trip to Seattle, these two little girls and I have been trying to get used to not having Daddy around 24/7. After 9 glorious months of parental leave, it was back to work time for Pierre on March 21st. He has gotten back into a good routine and is doing just fine...but we are definitely counting down the days to his retirement (5 yrs. to go) having had a taste of what it will be like. It has been quite an adjustment not having his company at home these past few weeks, especially with the less than inspiring weather making for some pretty long days spent indoors. I am sure hoping that once spring finally gets on a roll around here, we will feel more cheerful and energetic. I think some Vitamin D therapy is in order at this point.


2 comments:

  1. When we were having family devotions the morning Pete returned to work after his parental leave, I cried! So I know what you mean--it's hard to let that special time in your life go--I LOVED that summer we had together.

    Hope the adjustment is going well. The girls look soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having Saki around too :) I love your girl's glasses!

    ReplyDelete