Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day 2011




It was a great day. We went over the border to pick up some things and we thought we would have lunch there, but every restaurant we passed was lined up out the door. Feeling hungry and a little discouraged, we headed back over the bridge and tried our luck at our favorite italian trattoria. Pierre played a little joke on me (I was ravenous and not that amused), telling me that they were full, but that they agreed to squeeze us in. Not knowing what that meant since this place is tiny as it is, he told me the table for 2 in the lobby area and 3 stools along the window were for us. I guess my eyes got pretty big since I couldn't imagine the 7 of us fitting in that small area, but my worries were temporary as he was only pulling my leg.


We had the entire restaurant to ourselves! It was perfect. I have no idea why it was such a contrast with the Olive Garden and the other restaurants stateside. We had such an awesome meal. This place is located in a little hole in the wall, but they have amazing food. The waiter asks if anyone at your table has any dislikes or preferences and they bring several platters to share, each with 3 types of homemade pasta. Also, they have the best marinated green beans and really great chicken as well. We only get there a couple times of year because it isn't exactly cheap, but you leave feeling so satisfied and with enough leftovers for another gourmet meal the next day. I was so happy to enjoy this wonderful meal with my cute family. I am very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds so good--can you email me which place it is? And happy Mother's Day, belatedly! What beautiful blessings you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what restaurant you're talking about Shannon and I agree - by far one of my favourite restaurants here! Glad you had such a nice Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete