Monday, January 30, 2012

New Year/ New House

We moved over Christmas with our five children and lived to tell about it.  Actually, we were very fortunate that everything fell into place as it did and went smoothly...well, except for the stomach flu that would eventually hit every person in the family except for Mommy, to kick off our first night in the new city.  That wasn't our idea of fun, but the experience of moving mid-winter at one of the busiest times of year, that went off without a hitch.  

Gabrielle, Griffen and Christian in front of our new place.

We drove here in our van (11 hours) and our new house was available to us two days later.  The movers brought everything inside, but we turned down their offer to unpack and instead did so at our own pace with the priceless gift of help from Pierre's sister and brother-in-law.  Hugs and many thanks to you two!  What we accomplished in the first 2 days was nothing short of amazing...see below.  These pictures were taken in our living room just 3 days after we moved in, which would have made it Dec.23rd.  It already felt like home to us.  Many hands make light work.  We were able to see the main floor completely rid of boxes with everything in its new place, as well as having all the kids rooms set up.  It warmed our hearts that our relatives saw to it that we got our tree up in time for our very first Christmas in our new home.


Griffen (7) and Camille (4)

A Christmasy Camille

Festive sisters Danika and Camille

There are many more pictures to sift through and post, but this my first time writing in awhile and oddly, it is always overwhelming to get back into blogging when I have been away.  I know that my  bloggy friends understand the feeling all too well.  I don't like to let it go this long between, but I guess I've had good reason to be behind lately.  Now that things have slowed down a bit, I will try to get back to being a regular on here.  No promises, but we'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment