Sunday, April 25, 2010

This and That




*So many exciting changes are coming up for our family. Only another 6-9 weeks until that sweet little girl above takes on the role of big sister! None of my other children have stayed put until their due date, so I'm expecting this babe to follow suit and be here at least a few days early.

*Today I am 31 weeks pregnant and I am still feeling GREAT. I have been so fortunate. Baby was head down at my midwife appt. on Thurs. and remained that way at our ultrasound this weekend.

*Yesterday we all went for my 3-D ultrasound in a nearby city to have a sneak peek at our newest family member. I would be posting pics, but that will have to wait until next weekend as this tiny one kept a hand covering their face the entire 30 mins! The tech. offered us to come back next Sat. to see if we can get a few better quality shots. One thing that was neat to see was when she showed us a head full of hair. Each of ours has been born with hair and it looks like this cutie will follow suit.

*We are making a BIG move this summer and we couldn't be happier about it. We will be shedding our winter coats and snow suits and trading them in for short sleeves and swimsuits pretty much yearround. Yes, switching locations (and even countries in this case) will be a huge change, but it is one we are up for and we are certain the community we have chosen is an ideal place for us to raise our children.

*Our home of the last 7 years is officially on the market, meaning we need to keep it in ready to show condition around the clock. I thought it would be a lot tougher than it really is. I realized that if I am on top of things instead of always coming from behind (with dishes to wash and unfolded clothes piling up), then the tidying is not a problem at all. I have done a ton of de-cluttering of drawers/cabinets/closets and it has given me such an accomplished feeling. I guess it is probably feeding right into the nesting aspect of late pregnancy.

*Late last week we made an offer on a new home. Very enthused about that! We plan to move in August. The kids begin at their new school mid-August. The school is amazing and it is one of the biggest reasons for our move. We will be working hard to have lots of materials on hand to help our kids keep up with their French speaking/reading/writing at home, but are also thrilled that they will soon have the chance to add Spanish to their repretoire as well. They may be trilingual one day.

Guess that it it for my random thoughts for now.

2 comments:

  1. Boo to you leaving!! We're said to see you go, but excited about your new adventure. Can't wait to meet your newest addition as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( so sad to see you leave. But we hope it all goes really well. Thankfully we can always keep in touch with our blogs!

    ReplyDelete